Tuesday 20 September 2011

And this is what I was talking about...

In my previous entry I mentioned that you could build a SAN that performed better and cost less than your commercial SANs out there. Now I'm not going to make light of doing so, but here is an article to validate what I was trying to say:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/09/20/nexenta_vmworld_2011/

"Cheap and cheerful storage from Nexenta matched EMC and NetApp's multi-million-dollar systems in VMworld 2011's Hands On Lab, and took up some of the slack from its rivals when difficulties arose on the first day. EMC and NetApp have cooly brushed off Nexenta's claims it outperformed them."

Really good to see some competition out there, as well as some proof that there isn't too much magic underneath the SAN covers...

No comments:

Post a Comment